Most programs don’t accept children under age 7, but consider these guidelines:
– Is your child comfortable in social settings?
– Is she okay in large groups?
– Does she do well taking direction from adults (other than you or your spouse)?
– Has your child had successful sleep-overs at friends’ houses?
– Is she excited and asking to go?
Often, younger children do better with their first-time experiences at overnight camp than older kids. If a one or two week session at sleep away camp seems too much, many camps offer short starter sessions for young campers- usually four days long.